Covid -19 Statement
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Statement
In these uncertain times we wanted to reach out to all our clients to let you know we are here to offer support and guidance over the next few months.
Health and wellbeing are the most important things right now. We want you to know that some of our team are working remotely to look after their families but we have colleagues in both our Newcastle & Newry office who are there to help.
As a safeguard to our staff there will be no client meetings face to face. We will review this on Monday 30th March to see if the situation has changed by then. We can offer you a meeting on Zoom (https://www.zoom.us/) so please get in touch if you want to set up a meeting.
We will continue to complete your accounts, VAT, payroll and tax returns in a timely manner.
If you and your people are working remotely and / or struggling to keep your records straight then please let us know. We can install a variety of Cloud based solutions to help such as Xero and Receipt bank and if you can scan and email documents to us we can help in posting them.
If you need anything let us know. Our business depends on your business and we must all pull together during the next few weeks.
Here is a quick action plan to help focus your thoughts:
- Keep your eye on Government advice: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- Your main purpose is to protect the health of yourself, employees and customers and then reduce the risk of the financial impact to your business. So you need to take action now.
- Hold a meeting with key team members and work through your key business issues. We’ve attached a checklist to help you do this.
- Summarise the actions and allocate responsibility to make them happen.
- Talk to us – we are all in this together.
We wish you all the best in this incredibly challenging time but we are here to help and support your business through this so please get in touch with us.